Friday, July 18, 2008

Ho hum




I went to the Dr. on Wed and things are progressing and what not, but we are still waiting.  Today is actually my due date, but I am not holding my breath.  If nothing happens this week I have an appointment to be induced on Thursday the 24th.  
In the mean time I have been doing A LOT of walking, which is tough when you live in Houston in July.  I am so jealous of Shelley and her November North Carolina walking last year!  I have been confined to the mall and other shopping centers.  I think I could do inventory for Target just off of the top of my head.  Yesterday I walked at the mall for 2 hours and my feet have never hurt so badly in my life! On the way home I snuck off to a nail salon and got a pedi, but I think the sweet Vietnamese woman who took care of me was not as brutish with my feet as I would have liked, but Phillip was not as delicate with them last night.  I was going to walk this morning, but my dogs are still barkin'.  So now Phillip, Django and I are hanging out on our front porch drinking some joe and trying to think about other things to make the time pass.  



I thought maybe blue tootsies would bring me luck, maybe Phillip was thinking the same with his blue shirt and coffee mug. Go team Ragain.


Our front porch (complete with burnt up ferns.  They are still hanging on, we haven't given up hope!)

5 comments:

Corey Mason said...

ok friends, I know you are anxious but believe me enjoy the last days of freedom! I can hardly wait either! And the thing is everyone tells you to rest, but you just can't because you are too miserable! I'm thinking about you guys and can hardly wait. I remember thinking Miles would never come, but eventually they all have to come out sometime!!!! Have a fun day today, and no matter what happens, have fun and try to relax!!!! Rent some movies, there won't be any of that for a while once Will gets here! Love you friends,
shelley

Unknown said...

happy due date. so exciting! thinking about you and hope you are doing well. love, d

The Wells Family said...

oh how i remember...i was one week past my due date with emma kate...and it was a LONG august week!! thankfully, they do come out eventually. will be praying for you guys! let us know!! and you know there are other things besides walking that help induce labor....

Jesse and Dori said...

hey!
We had a lot of fun hanging out too! I guess holding those cute baby girls didn't make Miles want to see the world quite yet. That is funny, I walked the mall too. I know too well how the waiting game is, just hang in there!!
Can't wait to hear the good news!
Dori

Corey Mason said...

it's funny how dori put Miles in her comment!!
xoxo, shelley