Friday, September 12, 2008

Foodie Day



Well during my "stay at home mom days" I became addicted to the Food Network.  Now usually my TV addictions bring about moans from my husband, but this latest addiction seems to have a different effect.  I cook now! Since we have been married, Phillip has been trying to get me to go on culinary adventures with him but I just wasn't into cooking.  I like the sipping wine and hanging out in the kitchen part, but had no interest in making a rue or chopping onions or... handing raw chicken yuck!  But now that I am a mom I have this carnal desire to take care of my family.  I can't handle clothes hanging out in the dryer, I can't let the bed stay unmade and now I can't stay out of my cook books. 

My last weekend off Phillip and I decided to go on a foodie date. We packed up Will, went to Deitrichs on Montrose (I know I spelled Deitrichs wrong but I don't feel like looking it up) with our September issues of Bon Appetit and picked out a meal.  From there we went to Central Market (Disneyworld for foodies) and picked up our stuff.

Before heading home we stopped  at Onion Creek, our new favorite hide out in the Heights.  We came home, went to work on our fabulous meal... until Will embarked on some mad cluster feeding! So Phillip made his part of the meal and we ended up eating at 10:00 or so!  I made my part the next night.  Our kitchen date was so much fun.  I am looking forward to spending lots of time in the kitchen with my guys!




1 comment:

Corey Mason said...

sounds like fun what is OC?